Wednesday 25 February 2015

Small and Large Anticipation



Critical Evaluation

This is the Anticipation - Small and Large exercise playblast, using Autodesk Maya.

Firstly, the main focus for this project was the depiction of anticipation. As the task was to create a smaller and a larger anticipation, I decided to give a specific attitude to each of the balls by manipulating the squash and stretch, timing, ease in and out.
I began with the exaggerated example. According to the demo version, one of the balls was squashed and stretched intensely and left the ground very fast thanks to its power. Thus, I chose to follow this example on my first ball, however, I focused more on the timing from the start. The ball is squashed, but it needs some time to be flattened and it also stays in this position for another period of time. Thanks to this, it gives the impression of building its power to leave the floor. Additionally, it keenly stretches and elevates, demonstrating great force. As for the spacing, it slows in and out when flattens, thanks to its impetus and slows in when it jumps of the floor, portraying a great amount of speed due to the large anticipation.

For the second ball, I followed the small anticipation example. I squashed it a little, in order to demonstrate a weaker gather of energy to leave the ground. Due to this, it does not jump very high, despite the fact that I used slow in when it squashed. My purpose was to depict its thicker mass and harder material.

By the completion of this exercise, I was occupied with the principle of anticipation and I began to understand it better. Plus, I experimented with the timing for each action and the squash and stretch element more. I believe, that this experience would be helpful when I would apply them on character animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment