Wednesday 18 February 2015

Slow In - Out Newton's Cradle



Critical Evaluation 



This is the SlowinOut Newtons Cradle exercise. I used Autodesk Maya to complete the animation.

The basic principle for this project was the Slow In and Slow Out. After watching a reference video in 300 fps, I realised that the middle balls of the cradle actually move. Thus, I rotated the outer ones which hit the others, but I also animated the rest of them in order to create a more believable motion. I manipulated the splines using the Graph Editor and formed an ease in as the ball is hit and ease out when it hits the other balls. The combination of both slow in and out give a more natural impression of movement. Furthermore, I rotated the outer balls and enhanced the flow of the motion.

Thanks to this exercise, I was occupied with the Graph Editor, spacing, and I also had the opportunity to focus on the reference video in order to understand the motion better.

No comments:

Post a Comment